Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cruise Control


After recently seeing the trailer for Tom Cruise's new movie "Valkyrie" I can't help but wonder what the pitch must have been for Mr. Katie Holmes to convince others to make this movie and let him star in it. I would like to imagine it went something like this:

Tom Cruise: "You know what, people really don't like me right now. I wonder what I could do in my next movie to win back the general public's affection"

Hollywood Agent: "Boy, that would have to be one heck of a movie, got any ideas?"

Tom Cruise: "Well I know that people hate me, but surely there has been someone else throughout history that people have hated more"

Hollywood Agent: "That's true, I mean come one, there is always Hitler!"

Tom Cruise: "That's it! In my next movie I will kill Adolph Hitler, and then everyone will view me as a great hero instead of a nut job who jumps on couches."

Hollywood Agent: "How do you feel about eye patches?"

And the rest, as they say, is history.

2 comments:

  1. My theory on the eye patch is that he is still upset about not getting the part of Nick Fury and he is trying to show the world that he is best suited for the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious - and I LOVED the dialog. I'm certain it went exactly that way.

    Funny boy...

    ReplyDelete